Last updated: 24th May 2018
Customers of ComplianceHero are the controller of their data.
The Information We Collect.
- Information You Provide or Authorize.
- When you use the Service, either pursuant to a free trial or as a paid subscriber, you provide us with your name, email address, the name of your company and certain other information. In some cases we may ask for additional information for security reasons or to provide specific services to you.
- When you send email or other communications to us for customer service or other reasons, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve the Service.
- When you submit other information in connection with your use of the Service, including all of the User Content and Archived Content we collect on your behalf in connection with your use of the Site and/or Service.
- When you authorize us to connect our Service with one or more Supported Sites, including for the purposes of capturing, generating, creating, maintaining and/or archiving your Archived Content, we may collect additional information provided either by you or by the Supported Sites with your authorization.
- When you submit your information in connection with acquiring our marketing content, including informational resources provided on the Website, even if you don’t sign up for the Service, this signifies an opt-in to receive our promotional information. You can opt-out at anytime.
- Information such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics are automatically collected when you visit our Sites. This information is needed to maintain security and operation of our sites and for our internal analytics and reporting.
- Collecting Information From Minors
- We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under the age of 18 years of age. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tracking Information
- Cookie Information.
- Navigational Information.
We may collect and use other non-personally identifiable information and data from you when you are visiting the Site through the standard operation of our web servers. Non-personally identifiable information collected from you may include Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and version, domain names, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, click stream data and anonymous statistical data regarding your use of the Site and/or Service.
For example, we can tell which Internet service provider our Site visitors and Subscribers use, but not their names, addresses or other information that would allow us to identify such visitors or Subscribers. We use this information to analyze trends, to administer and improve the Site and the Service, to track visitors and Subscribers’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole.
- Clear GIFS.
We may also employ a software technology called “clear gifs” (also known as “web beacons” or “web bugs”) that helps us better manage content on the Site by providing us feedback as to what content is effective. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored on your web-enabled device’s hard drive, clear gifs are embedded invisibly on a website page, web-based document or email message and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
- Site Information.
Due to communications standards on the internet, when you visit the Site we automatically receive the URL of the site from which you came and the site to which you are going when you leave our Site. We also receive the internet protocol address of your computer (or the proxy server you use to access the World Wide Web), your computer operating system and type of web browser you are using, email patterns, your mobile device and mobile operating system, as well as the name of your ISP or your mobile carrier. We may also receive location data passed to us from third-party services or GPS-enabled devices that you have enabled.
- Site Analytics.
We analyze your use of the Site with third-party software that allows us to monitor and record your navigation of the Site, in order to better customize our offerings and improve our products.
- Cookie Information.
Customers’ personal data and information is only retained for as long as they remain a customer.
Based on the laws of some countries, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it in some circumstances. To request to review, update or delete your personal information please contact us at email@example.com
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect to try to provide a safe, efficient, and customized experience. Here are some of the details on how we do that:
- To Manage the Services. We use the information we collect to provide our Service and other services and features to you, to measure and improve those services and features, to provide you with customer and technical support and to monitor and enforce your compliance with the Terms.
- We may link, combine or supplement the information you provide us with other information we get from Third Party Sources or with cookies. We do this to help understand your needs and provide you with better products and services, to identify you when you return to our Site or to pre-populate forms.
- We may use anonymous, aggregate personal information for different purposes, like market analysis, traffic flow analysis and reporting, or to deliver relevant advertising and information based on click stream data. We use this information for a variety of purposes to examine our traffic in aggregate, to investigate misuse of our network, its users, or to cooperate with law enforcement.
- To Contact You. We may contact you with service-related announcements from time to time. You may opt out of all communications except essential updates by clicking the appropriate button at the bottom of the communication or contacting us directly. We may include content you see on the Site in the emails we send to you.
- Email Communications. If you do not want to receive commercial email or other mail from us, please indicate your preference by contacting us.
How the Information We Collect May Be Shared
- Third Party Suppliers. We may employ independent contractors, vendors and suppliers to support our the Site and the Service, such as hosting, monitoring and maintaining the Site and the Service, administering or monitoring emails, analyzing our visitors’ and subscribers’ preferences, developing applications for the Site and providing general consulting services. These outside contractors may sometimes have limited access to information collected from you, including your personally identifiable information, in the course of providing products or services to us.
- Access to your personally identifiable information by these outside contractors is limited to the information we determine, in our sole discretion, to be reasonably necessary in order for them to perform their function for us.
- Legal Compliance. We may disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect our rights or property. In response to a court order, subpoena, warrant or to comply with a legal requirement or to cooperate with an investigation. Or as permitted by law.
- Business Transfers. We may also disclose your personally identifiable information to third parties in connection with a corporate transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company or sale or other transfer of all or a portion of our business or assets (including our associated customer lists containing your personal information).
- Non-Private or Non-Personal Information. We may share or disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information about the usage of the Site or the Services to third parties for purposes that we deem, in our sole discretion, to be appropriate.
- Your Personally Identifiable Information. Other than as explicitly set forth herein, we do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to third parties the personally identifiable information we collect in connection with your use of the Site or the Service.
- With your consent, or to fulfil the purpose for which you provided the information;
We do not sell, rent or lease the information we collect to third parties.
How You Can Change or Remove Information
- Editing your information.
- You are responsible for providing accurate information as may be required to access the Site or the Service. If you wish to correct any personally identifiable information you or your representatives have provided to us, you may do so in the Service or by contacting our support team.
- Deleting your account.
- If you want to stop using your account you may delete it. The account can only be deleted by providing notice to us through the Site. When you delete an account, it is permanently deleted from the Site. Deleting your account may impair the ability of you or your representatives to use the Site and/or the Service if you are a subscriber.You may review, change or terminate your account at any time.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personally identifiable information submitted to us. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure.
Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security
- Steps we take to keep your information secure.
The security of your personally identifiable information is important to us. We have put in place commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to adequately safeguard and secure the information we collect on the Site from unauthorized access.We have implemented commercially reasonable security technologies on the network, server, and application level.
We utilize secure (“SSL”) connections and commercially reasonable encryption policies designed to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of your personally identifiable information during transmission.
We cannot, however, control the manner in which your personally identifiable information is transmitted to us, either by you, a third party acting on your behalf or by one of our Clients, or the manner in which a Regulator may require disclosure of your personally identifiable information to them.
- Risks inherent in sharing information.
Notwithstanding our commitment to protect your information, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the internet. Additionally, there also is some risk our security systems could be circumvented or breached. As a result, while we strive to use commercially reasonable means to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions regarding the security on the Site or of the Service you can contact our privacy team at the email address set forth above.
Links, Widgets, Ads and Content.
- Certain widgets, like the Facebook “like” or “share” buttons, on the Site may collect information about you, such as your IP address, automatically through cookies and may combine information about your use of our Site with information they collect in other areas. We have no control over the practices of these widgets and is not responsible for their privacy practices. Please visit the privacy policies of each of these kinds of third parties to learn more about how they collect and use your information.
- Some of the ads you receive on websites are customized based on predictions about your interests generated from your visits over time and across different websites from an ad network. This is called interest based advertising and is enabled through your computer browser and browser cookies. These ads are provided based on information owned or controlled by an ad network, and subject to the ad network’s privacy policies.
Contact Us About This Policy